Born in Jiangsu, China, Cao Xiaodong (曹小冬) graduated from Industry Design College, Jiangnan University and is currently a professional artist in Beijing.
About Cao Xiaodong and His Artworks
– Cao Xiaodong is one of the forefathers of contemporary Chinese art as a member and the founder of the internationally renowned art group “Red Trip” based in Nanjing during the 1985 New Wave Movement.
– Cao is famous for his surrealist artistic style, which he later translated to abstract art.
– He is fond of using dots, lines and dimensions in paintings to create cultural reflections and spiritual comfort in contemporary China.
Cao Xiaodong Around the Globe
– Cao has held international solo and group exhibitions in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Kao Hsiung, New York and Miami.
– His famous series, Stars of China Past and Present, was exhibited at Modern Art Museum Jan van der Togt, Holland.
– He launched “Art Currents” magazine in as early as 1991.
Cao Xiaodong at Auctions
– Cao had a highest record of ~HK$300,000 for his “Stars over Hollywood” set at Christie’s, Hong Kong.